Commitment to the environment
KA International is a registered trademark of Grupo Jover, strongly committed to sustainability and the environment. It has an Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 14001 standard by SGS since 2008. In addition to the Integrated Environmental Authorization (AAI) granted by the Ministry of the Environment since April 2008.
Like any company in the textile sector, we have a high consumption of energy and water, and we are committed to reducing it. It should be noted that, we have the entire production process in the same location, which allows us to better manage production and makes it easier for us to launch initiatives to reduce consumption.
In recent years we have made significant progress. Below we share some figures on what has been realized and achieved:
- Energy balance. The electrical and thermal produced, both in the photovoltaic panels installed on the roof, with high-efficiency gas cogeneration, allows us to generate electricity and heat equivalent to 73,3% of the company's total energy consumption(2017).
- 100% savings in the use of fossil fuels for the production of hot process water, and a reduction in the consumption of Natural Gas for steam production by 21%.
- Reduction of water consumption through improvements in facilities and processes, as well as the recovery and reuse of part of the water used. For example,in dyeing processes the reduction in water consumption is 30% and in the washing process 56%.
- 14% decrease in electricity consumption for lighting, and in air conditioning by means of an absorption machine linked to cogeneration.
- The use of high-efficiency equipment has led to significant savings in energy consumption in general. For example, a 22% decrease in the energy consumption of loom humidification plants.
- Improvement in the purification and water management process. We have a biological reactor wastewater treatment plant, which has been expanded and improved with the incorporation of the sludge treatment system by pressing and with the installation of equipment for continuous analytical measurement.
- The reduction of waste, dumping and emissions, such as, for example the use of technologies such as sublimation printing, which does not use water, and the waste it originates is recycled .
- Use of recycled polyester spinning obtained from PET waste (water bottles).
- Treatment of the waste generated by the activity through recycling managers. The sludge from the treatment plant can be used in agriculture.
This commitment was awarded by the AITEX textile technology institute in its call for prizes on SUSTAINABILITY 2018. However, we continue to advance every day in our environmental management, to make our product and process development more sustainable and leave the least possible environmental footprint.
No comment at this time!